Song of the River
In this resonant story from Joy Cowley, Cam the mountain boy follows the river from its trickling source in the snow all the way to the sea.
The river leads him through forest, farms and towns to the salty wind of the sea. The dramatic landscapes are packed with detail to discover in the world of the river.
- A resonant story about the journey of a river from source to sea.
- Dramatic and accessible illustrations shift from bird’s eye to close-up with a beautiful use of light to track the passing day.
- Find the animals hiding in the landscapes.
- Tells an environmental story at the scale of a child’s imagination.
- A strong and beautifully written read-aloud story.
- Joy Cowley was shortlisted for the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 2018, and has a wide and loyal following in the public, school and library sectors.