Rose's Dress of Dreams
Inspired by the life of Rose Bertin, Katherine Woodfine’s stunning Little Gem is written with an evocative sense of period furthered by fresh and beautiful full-colour illustrations by Kate Pankhurst.
Young Rose dreams of sewing beautiful dresses for the women of Paris. But when a chance encounter with royalty changes her life, Rose must draw on all her skills to create the most breathtaking dress of them all. Based on the life of Rose Bertin, the woman credited with creating haute-couture, this is a story to inspire bold girls everywhere.
- Award-winning Katherine Woodfine, renowned across the trade for her work in the industry and her bestselling Sinclair’s Mysteries series
- Beautiful full-colour illustrations by rising-star Kate Pankhurst, author of the empowering Fantastically Great Women Who Changed the World
- Brilliant new author-illustrator pairing that celebrates the inspiring voices of both Katherine and Kate, and shines a light on an incredible woman of history
- Exciting plans for author events and event kits for bookshops
- The acclaimed Little Gems are gorgeous first chapter books, by the cream of children’s talent, with super readable layouts and design, a chunky friendly format, high spec finishes and packed with fun extras