Hetty and the Battle of the Books
A passionate campaign brings four best friends back together in a fight to save their school library in this heartfelt tale from bestselling author Anna James.
The library is Hetty’s very favourite place in school, and since falling out with her best friends Ali, Mei and Rocket she’s been spending even more time there. So she’s absolutely horrified when she learns that her head teacher is planning to close it down, claiming there aren’t enough funds to keep the library going. There’s no way Hetty’s going to sit back and let this happen. But can she repair her broken friendships and build support for her library campaign? Let the Battle of the Books commence!
- Anna James is author of the bestselling series Pages & Co. and a highly exciting addition to the Barrington Stoke list.
- Anna previously worked as a school librarian and brings both passion and knowledge of this role to the story, which is a love letter to libraries, books and the joy of reading.
- Hetty’s story follows the difficult move from primary to secondary school; a relatable and important theme for young readers addressed in a positive and entertaining way.
- Filled with charming illustrations from star illustrator Jez Tuya.
- Publication to be supported by a digital proof, display material packs and an exciting social media campaign linking with overall focus on school libraries.