A normal day in the park turns out to be full of surprises!
Clara has gone to the park, but there’s nobody to play with. She finds an umbrella on the ground and does a good deed by putting it on a bench. The umbrella says ‘thank you’ and invites Clara to make a wish. So unfolds a magical chain of events featuring a new friend, an elephant, musical butterflies and a naughty fox who learns his lesson.
An amusing and magical way to introduce themes of empathy, choice-making and citizenship to the youngest readers.
- Every child will love the idea of finding a magical umbrella in the park.
- A delightfully surreal book about kindness and generosity.
- Invites the reader to interact by choosing what sort of wish they would make.
- Artwork packed with humour and character from a Guatemalan-born debut author illustrator, who has studied architecture and art and now teaches art to children.
- Printed on quality uncoated paper, cover with matt lamination and spot uv finish.
- Endorsed by Amnesty International.
- Can be used to explore how a conventional fairy tale framework can be modernised.
- Ideal for teaching about community cohesion.