We Found a Seed
Second in a collection of stories which encourage young children to relate to and appreciate the natural world.
A little boy and girl find a seed, and decide to keep it safe. They play with it but it doesn’t grow. What must they do to make it grow, and what will happen when it flowers and dies?
- A simple, joyously delivered lesson in how to plant a seed and make it grow.
- Demonstration of the cycle of life: a seed growing into a plant which dies off but gives more seeds.
- Friendship of two children playing together while involved in the same activity.
- The short and rhythmic text is perfect to learn by heart and recite as a poem.
- Deceptively simple with the repeatability factor of the best Ruth Brown and Eric Carle.
- Bright and glowing illustrations which are stylish and modern.