Puppets Unlimited with Everyday Materials
Anything can be turned into a puppet, it just takes a bit of know-how. Based on the principles taught by traditional Indian puppeteers, each puppet in this jolly book has been made from simple everyday material. It proves that once someone knows the basics, it is accidents, discoveries and a sense of humour which help create a puppet. Have a set of puppets ready? Use the book's playscript, or create a puppet play from scratch.
- Completely reworked contemporary version of the much-loved Tara classic with the same name.
- Introduces children to a range of Indian puppetry traditions.
- By emphasizing the basic understanding of structure, frees up the child to make her own serendipitous puppets with simple everyday material.
- Takes children through the jolly process of creating a ‘character’ - from making puppets to coming up with a play.
- Ideal for craft theatre and art classes.
- Emphasizes material, physicality, language and unrestricted creative freedom in an increasingly virtual world.